Agile vs Waterfall - is one better than the other ?
In this presentation, Tim will talk about agile versus waterfall framework, and where each actually fit in the business world realities. He will also touch on managing offshore, and managing large teams.
About the Speaker
Tim Kenney is a consultant at MyWebGrocer, entrepreneur, and independent researcher. Before that Tim served as President and CTO at MyWebGrocer, keeping daily operations scaling and efficient. Focusing on the strategy of the business, Tim enabled the MyWebGrocer team to reach both its short and long term goals. Under his leadership the company became the leading provider of digital grocery services in the country.
Prior to joining MyWebGrocer, Tim was the Global General Manager of Imaging Software Development for GE Healthcare Information Technologies. He was responsible for GE’s worldwide Imaging IT software products and a team spanning 10 global offices. Tim was also founder and CEO of an Internet application development company, NYBOR Corporation, a pioneer in developing eCommerce solutions in the late 1990s. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science from St. Michael’s College and a M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Earn 2 PDUs (1-Technical, 1-Strategic & Business) while enjoying an engaging presentation and a delicious dinner.
Date: Wednesday, May 18 2016
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:15 PM
Location: Doubletree Hotel, 1117 Williston Rd., South Burlington
Members: $35.00 (Must log in first as a Member before Registering)
Online Registration late fee ($5.00) will be added after May 16 2016
Event sponsored in part by :
|University of Vermont||Desai Management Consulting|
Here’s how to claim 8 PDUs for the 2016 PMI-CV Symposium:
1. Log In to www.pmi.org
2. Go to the first tab - MyPMI tab
3. If not there yet … Select Dashboard tab under myPMI tab
4. Within the Dashboard page on the right you will see “Certification Status” section … in
this section select “Report PDUs”5.
5. Select "Course or Training "category
6. For provider, enter "C109" and click on "PMI Champlain Valley, VT Chapter"
7. For Activity, enter the 2016 PMICV Spring Symposium ID# "C109-20160408"
8. Enter April 8 2016 for the date started and sate completed
9. Select the following number of PDU out of the 3 categories : 5 for Leadership, 2 for
Technical and 1 for Strategic & Business.
10. Agree and submit
To claim 2 PDU's for attending dinner events, follow the directions below
- Go to http://www.pmi.org/
- Log in
- Click on myPMI on the drop down menu
- Look for “Certification Status – earn and report PDUs” located on the right hand side
- Click on Report PDU
- Select "Organization Meeting"
- In the Organization/Host ID field, enter C109 and click on PMI Champlain Valley Chapter
- In the Title field, put a description like "January Dinner Meeting"
- Select the number of PDU out of the 3 categories based on the meeting information supplied by the PMICV event (Leadership and/or Technical and/or Strategic)
- Click that you agree this claim is accurate.
- Click “Submit”
- Look for email confirmation.
2016 Schedule of Events
|Event||Date||PDU Amount and Category|
|January Mentoring Activity||Thursday, January 14|
|January Dinner Meeting||Tuesday, January 19||2 PDUs on Leadership|
|January TPC networking event||Thursday, January 28
|February Dinner Meeting||Thursday, February 18||2 PDUs on Technical|
|March Dinner Meeting||Thursday, March 17||2 PDUs on Strategic and Business Mangement Expertise|
|April Symposium||Friday, April 8||
8 PDUs :Leadership-5, Technical-2, Strategic & Business-1
|May Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, May 18||1-Technical, 1-Strategic & Business|
|September Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, Sept. 21|
|October Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, October 19|