It is my privilege and honor to begin our 2017-2018 year as the president of PMICV. We are fortunate, as PMICV is well poised for success, thanks to the leadership of our immediate past President Patricia Ireland and the Board of Directors. Great progress was made under her direction, including:
● Growing membership by 15%.
● Raising the bar on programming, with nationally recognized speakers and diversified programs.
● Launching Mentoring Initiative, to allow local professionals connect and help each other grow.
● Opening doors to volunteers and offering more leadership opportunities within the Chapter.
● Partnering with Desai Management Consulting to provide educational classes and boot camps.
As I take the lead, I would like to begin the year by thanking Patricia for her energy and dedication to PMICV, and for providing a strong foundation upon which to work as we begin our new year.
Now onto 2017-2018! This year marks a huge milestone for PMICV. Our chapter’s story officially began in 1997, so we are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year! We finalize our plans for the upcoming 20th Anniversary festivities this September, and we are very excited to share them with you soon.
As we kick off this milestone year, I am pleased and excited to announce that we have an outstanding group of professionals who will be serving as our 2017-2018 Board of Directors. This group of passionate leaders, bringing a wide range of experiences, is uniquely positioned to help us succeed!
To provide a clear roadmap and framework for success, PMICV will be committed to the following key areas of focus in the coming year:
1. Increase Member Value. Each program we offer this year will have significant built-in membership benefit. Our goal will be to give you, our members, concrete reasons to renew your membership, and even more important -- reasons to recommend us to your friends and colleagues.
2. Diversify and Improve Programming. We will aim at delivering exceptional content to our membership, and we will do it in a way that will maximize impact and allow us to execute in a highly efficient manner. We will also ensure that our guests have fun and enjoy being a member.
3. Enable Educational Outreach. We will be working with local universities, and together assisting students to become future leaders and be well positioned in the workplace.
4. Engage Local Businesses. We will be reaching out to companies and establishing communication channels. This will help us ensure that we are addressing the needs of the current economy, and provide the means for organizations and their staff to succeed in the modern world.
5. Increase Membership and Improve Retention. We see a lot of potential to help more and more local professionals network and connect with each other, learn and grow, and succeed in their career and personal development. We will strive to see our retention rates continue to improve. It will be key for our discussions and will help us drive new ideas for the upcoming year.
Lastly, and most importantly, I would like to acknowledge and personally thank the Board members and chapter volunteers who have worked hard to get PMICV to the state it is in today. We are a 100% volunteer driven organization and we rely on a dedicated team to help us achieve our goals. To that end, we are always looking for help, and our current Board is actively seeking folks to join us to drive our initiatives forward. Please contact us if you are interested in a volunteer role this year. We would love to have you join us!
So, as we continue enjoying the beautiful summer in Vermont, I hope you get some time to recharge your batteries and gear up for an exciting new year at PMICV. I welcome your thoughts and ideas on how we can continue to improve our chapter and what you find beneficial as a member.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of PMICV, thank you for your valued membership. We are looking forward to a successful and productive year!